Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: no shock, CBS renews entire daytime lineup  (Read 3840 times)

Vgmastr

no shock, CBS renews entire daytime lineup
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »
No surprise for any of them for renewal. CBS usually has the best daytime lineup. NBC does pretty well, especially with Ellen. Then, ABC does pretty well and FOX does meh. Most of there programs are syndie.

Ellen is syndicated, in my area it airs on the CBS affiliate immediately following LMAD.

brianhenke

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »

Ellen replaced Oprah on ABC here.

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »
Does Fox even have a daytime lineup?

Mr. Brown

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
Does Fox even have a daytime lineup?

No, it can\'t have one as far as I know. Part of the whole thing back in the day where they couldn\'t be considered a network or some nonsense by the FCC if they didn\'t have a daytime schedule.

(I clearly do not remember all of the details).

Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
No surprise for any of them for renewal. CBS usually has the best daytime lineup. NBC does pretty well, especially with Ellen. Then, ABC does pretty well and FOX does meh. Most of there programs are syndie.

Ellen is syndicated, in my area it airs on the CBS affiliate immediately following LMAD.

That\'s gotta be a rarity- as far as I knew nearly all of Ellen\'s affiliates were NBC stations (and not just the O&Os).

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:07 PM »

That\'s gotta be a rarity- as far as I knew nearly all of Ellen\'s affiliates were NBC stations (and not just the O&Os).

I can think of two spots where Ellen\'s affiliates *aren\'t* NBC - Harrisburg (CBS), and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (ABC).

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:55 PM »

I can think of two spots where Ellen\'s affiliates *aren\'t* NBC - Harrisburg (CBS), and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (ABC).

Add Norfolk-Virginia Beach to the list. It airs on WTKR (CBS).

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:30:05 PM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:33:44 PM »

Out in Western Colorado, Ellen is on the CBS Affiliate -- right before the 5PM News.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
No, it can\'t have one as far as I know. Part of the whole thing back in the day where they couldn\'t be considered a network or some nonsense by the FCC if they didn\'t have a daytime schedule.

Considering they have absolutely had daytime programming in the past, that\'s utterly preposterous. I suggest that you do indeed have some details mixed up.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

narzo

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »

Considering they have absolutely had daytime programming in the past, that\'s utterly preposterous. I suggest that you do indeed have some details mixed up.

\"FOX After Breakfast\" for example, I believe that ran on the entire network.  

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »

I actually looked it up. The details he\'s citing pertained to why they only ran the limited prime-time that they do (2-3 hours instead of 3-4), because they didn\'t want to be regulated the way the Big Three were, but that hasn\'t really been relevant since regulation went to hell in a handbasket in the \'90s. But it had zero to do with any daytime scheduling.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Brown

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »
[quote name=\"clemon79\" post=\"303642\" timestamp=\"1359518084\"]I actually looked it up. The details he\'s citing pertained to why they only ran the limited prime-time that they do (2-3 hours instead of 3-4), because they didn\'t want to be regulated the way the Big Three were, but that hasn\'t really been relevant since regulation went to hell in a handbasket in the \'90s. But it had zero to do with any daytime scheduling.[/quote]

Yeah, that\'s exactly what I was thinking of. Ignore everything I said. LOL
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

toetyper

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »

add ft myers  ABC

DrBear

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »

In Green Bay ellen dances on CBS 5. The NBC station (which is low-budget) has Ricki Lake and Anderson LIVE!!!!!!!!!11!

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.